Sunday, June 22, 2008

What a week or two . . . I lost count

I know I am not so great at this blogging thing. 
Thursday June 12th, Savannah had a Dr appointment today. She is 25 LB 2 feet 9 in and her head is 19 in (it keeps getting bigger). Before the Exam her Dr asked me a few questions, one of was, "how is her vocabulary, does she know at least 20 words." I had to stop for a minute and think. My response was, "Yes she knows about 100 or so."  This girl can TALK!!! She repeats everything I say. It is crazy how much she picks up on. Next time you see her ask her to say her ABC. . . because she can. Ya all of them. she is not even two yet. Sorry that is just me bragging!  One really funny game that her daddy likes to play with her is to ask her really hard questions about what color something is . . EX: What color did the union solders wear in the civil war? Savannah hears "what color"  waits for Scott to stop talking  and answers Blue.  He then follows up with "what color is behind the stars on the flag. . . And you get the idea. She always answers blue. So scott only asks questions where blue is the answer. It really gets people at first but by the third question they figure it out. 

Moving on My walking and exercise is going great! I have not lost anything to write about yet but I am feeling so much better that it makes me want to do more. I have high hopes. My friend that I walk with suggested that we make a half way goal, I really like that idea and I need to come up with something.?? Who knows?? 

In other news, don't be alarmed but we were robbed today while we were at church.  We did not notice it until scott was putting out the trash cans for trash day tomorrow. Our recycling bucket is missing, the lock on the truck is broken and some tools are missing. What is this world coming too?? It is just crazy!!! We met a very nice police man that very impressed with the house and has seen us working on it over time.  He took a report and that is that. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Savannah talks up a storm. It's so cute. Keep on walkin'! It really makes a difference on how you feel and that's most important.

I can't believe you were robbed!! My gosh! Did they get through the chain link fence? That really scares me Shaleah. You've gotta get a really good fence - you know, with lights, alarms, and electricity on it!!

Grammie Star Wars said...

Savannah you are growing up too fast! You need to slow down so we can catch up with you.

Hey, why is it that I need to read the blog to know what is happening with our family! :>)

We are very thankful that you are all safe.

I agree with the electricity part.
love you all

Brittany said...

That's hilarious about the color questions! She sounds pretty advanced for her speech and language :)

And I can't believe you were robbed! You'd think that can't happen while you're out where you should be, at church...but it can. Glad not too much was taken!

Sara said...

Savannah, be nice to Nolan and not tease him that he can only say like 5 words right now. ;) I promise he will catch up with you one day and hold up a decent conversation on your dates. hah hah

Robbed, on the Sabbath?? That is crazy. I hope that something comes out of doingthe police report. Chris' mustang was stolen once and we did happen to get it back after the police report.

Keep up with the walking! I started working out also and once you get passed the first hurdle of my heart is not going to beat out of my chest, it gets better.
And to think, once you to the hawt bod you want again, along comes another little one. ;)
Chris says HI.

Christa said...

Hey Shaleah! I had no idea you had a blog until you left a comment on mine. It'll be fun to see what's going on with your family after so many years :-)