Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Weight Challenge

I know that I will never be as thin as i was the day i got married but, hey there is hope. I was talking to Scott the other day and I told him, "I need an incentive to lose weight!" He asked me what I wanted. I told him if i lose as much as I want to I will need money to buy new clothes. He was quite for a while then asked me how much I wanted to lose. I responded with Somewhere between 30-40 LB. Again with the silent treatment. Then he responded, "I will pay you $30.00 for every pound you lose between now and your birthday (Jan 25th 2009)". YOUR ON!!! I have excepted this challenge with hope that I will be buying myself a new wardrobe for my birthday! I have a friend who came up to me the next day and asked me if I wanted to start walking on my days off. I jumped with joy and have walked 3 days this week. She is a great walking companion to have. She asked me the second day we walked if i was ready for some hills. I kindly reminded her I have not exercised since before i was pregnant with Savannah. Her response was . . "don't worry it will only hurt a little, you will get over it!" She really pushes me and that is what i need. I will keep you updated on my progress but, my fear is unless i cut off my breasts and a leg this weight will never go away!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great JOB!!!

I'm with you. Let's keep up the great work. Great rewards system!!!!

Love you lots,
GSW xoxoxoxoxoxo

Tiffany said...

You are amazing! I am trying to lose a bit of weight, and I guess you could say my motivation is similar. Mine is that I don't want to have to buy new clothes because I can't get into mine anymore. I seriously can't wait to hear about your progress!

Chrissy said...

shaleah! my goodness it has been a long time! How are you doing?! your family is beautiful and you look so happy!

How is the rest of the fam? We miss our california friends, but are very happy here in texas :)

good luck with your new goal! You will certainly lose the weight if you keep up the exercise; no need to cut anything off ;)